Friday, March 14, 2014

The three-wheeled tractor


A pretty substantial snowstorm blew through Wednesday and much of Thursday, giving us another foot or so on the ground. It was tough to move, heavy stuff with some ice built-in. Then the wheel fell off the tractor!

I guess the cotter pin must have fallen out. I expect we'll find the pin in the spring. I jacked it up, refitted the wheel, and put a bolt in the hole with two lock nuts. Should hold her.


A hungry chickadee was pecking at our bedroom window, seemingly trying to get at a fly buzzing around on the inside. Might be time to check the feeder to make sure that we have sunflower seeds!


I expect I would need my snowshoes to reach that feeder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our Farm Blog.
The purpose of this blog is for Aimee and I to communicate with friends and family, with those of our students, and other folks in general who are interested in homesteading and farming activities.

The earliest posts, at the very end of the blog, tell the story of the Great Farm, our purchase of a fragment of that farm, the renovation of the homestead and its populating with people and animals. Go all the way to the last post in the archive and read backwards from there to get it in chronological order.

After getting tired of spam comments (up to a dozen or more per day), I required commentators to be Google "registered users". You can write me at mwomersley@unity.edu if you have a serious comment or question and are not a registered user.

Spammers -- don't bother writing -- there's no way I will post your spam to my blog. Just go away.