Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A sloppy mess


Here's today's weather map showing the snowstorm that started to hit at breakfast time. I was lucky. I didn't have to be at work for any scheduled meeting until one pm, so I elected to work from home until the inevitable "snow day" cancellation, which came a few minutes ago.

My colleagues who had early meetings and classes, including Aimee are struggling home right about now.

It's light but slightly wet snow, so it will be especially snotty on the roads. The worst hasn't yet hit, so things are not too bad so far. When that yellow stuff on the map gets over here to Waldo County, it will be pretty bad for an hour or two.

Shouldn't be enough for power outages, but enough for a few accidents.

I hope to see Aimee home soon.

Best to stay home, then. 

If only Atlantans had thought to do that last week!

But I expect when you aren't used to weather-related work stoppages, you don't have snow day SOPs like we do in the frozen north.

Making it up as you go along is not a great way to run weather-related policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our Farm Blog.
The purpose of this blog is for Aimee and I to communicate with friends and family, with those of our students, and other folks in general who are interested in homesteading and farming activities.

The earliest posts, at the very end of the blog, tell the story of the Great Farm, our purchase of a fragment of that farm, the renovation of the homestead and its populating with people and animals. Go all the way to the last post in the archive and read backwards from there to get it in chronological order.

After getting tired of spam comments (up to a dozen or more per day), I required commentators to be Google "registered users". You can write me at mwomersley@unity.edu if you have a serious comment or question and are not a registered user.

Spammers -- don't bother writing -- there's no way I will post your spam to my blog. Just go away.