Sunday, April 6, 2008

Aimee's chick-sitting scheme

(Posted on our college list serve under the title "Chicks" thereby ensuring every male on the list-serve would read it and weep.)

>>>Are you thinking of getting chickens?
I'm getting ready to order pullets (female chicks) and there is a minimum number you have to order. I only want a couple so I can have a rotation in our flock with some always in prime production. So, it would be great if there are a few other folks who would also like to get a couple chicks so we can combine orders.
I need to place the order by 10 April (this Thursday) and I would pick up the chicks on 8 or 9 May and hold them until we arrange for you to pick-up or me to drop-off. I could even keep them for you until they're ready to go outside if you wouldn't be ready for them until later in the summer.
Chicks are $1.95 each. I'm ordering Buff Orpingtons. It would be easier if the order consisted of only one breed, but it's not entirely necessary. If you really want a different breed, the others available are: RI Reds, Barred Rocks, Golden Comets, Babcock White Leghorns, Black Giants, Black Sex Links, Light Brahmas, Black Australorps, Brown Leghorns, Plymouth Rocks, NH Reds, Golden Laced Wyandottes, Araucanas, and Silver Laced Wyandottes.
Let me know by Wednesday if you want in.
Aimee

Oh yes. I want in all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our Farm Blog.
The purpose of this blog is for Aimee and I to communicate with friends and family, with those of our students, and other folks in general who are interested in homesteading and farming activities.

The earliest posts, at the very end of the blog, tell the story of the Great Farm, our purchase of a fragment of that farm, the renovation of the homestead and its populating with people and animals. Go all the way to the last post in the archive and read backwards from there to get it in chronological order.

After getting tired of spam comments (up to a dozen or more per day), I required commentators to be Google "registered users". You can write me at mwomersley@unity.edu if you have a serious comment or question and are not a registered user.

Spammers -- don't bother writing -- there's no way I will post your spam to my blog. Just go away.