Sunday, February 20, 2011

Snowshoe, sunshine





The snow had set up pretty well after the recent rainstorm and thaw, and it was a sunny Sunday afternoon today, so Haggis and I tried to go for a snowshoe hike in the woods. I was having fun, but Haggis was floundering, so we turned back and hiked the snowmobile trail instead.

That was fine for both of us, and so we did our same-old, same-old hike for the upteenth time this winter, down to the brook and back.

The shiny ribbon of ice in the second picture is what our neighbor Ham has for a driveway for the foreseeable. Looks like a bobsled run. I reckon you could skate it easier than walk it.

After getting back, I was still hoping to go someplace different, and so when I got Haggis safely back home, I took off into the woods next to the house. I thought Haggis would stay home and just wait in the dooryard, but he tried to follow again. If you look hard at the picture with our house in it (click to enlarge) you'll see him struggling to catch me.

Poor old dog.

So I took a picture from this different vantage point, a view of the place that we haven't been able to see for two months or so, while waiting for the snow to set up.

Then I went to help my dog get back to the house.

1 comment:

Welcome to our Farm Blog.
The purpose of this blog is for Aimee and I to communicate with friends and family, with those of our students, and other folks in general who are interested in homesteading and farming activities.

The earliest posts, at the very end of the blog, tell the story of the Great Farm, our purchase of a fragment of that farm, the renovation of the homestead and its populating with people and animals. Go all the way to the last post in the archive and read backwards from there to get it in chronological order.

After getting tired of spam comments (up to a dozen or more per day), I required commentators to be Google "registered users". You can write me at mwomersley@unity.edu if you have a serious comment or question and are not a registered user.

Spammers -- don't bother writing -- there's no way I will post your spam to my blog. Just go away.