Saturday, May 14, 2011

Piglets after all




I spoke too soon. I was able to resurrect the camera. I decided to give the battery a charge just in case, and it now takes pictures, and may even have stopped the on-again, off-again business.

Maybe I should drop it more often.

(Or charge it more often.)

Here are the piglets.

I managed to finish their new outside pen before the rain came, so they could explore the Great Outdoors for the first time if they felt like it, but they didn't feel like going out.

I can't say I blame them. That's a whole piglets-length of drop down off the sheep's winter bedding to the dirt level in the pigpen.

Maybe tomorrow we'll move some of that hay to make a ramp.

2 comments:

  1. They are so cute! The guy that we get hay from for the horses has a bunch of pigs. They make me laugh. I may be getting a goat for milking! Check out my new blog: http://naturalhorsemanshipfirst.wordpress.com/. Time to put the running blog to rest (after two more posts).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deanna. Or should it be "hay," Deanna.

    I'm glad you're getting back to animals. You can take the girl out of Alberta, but you can't take Alberta out of the girl!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to our Farm Blog.
The purpose of this blog is for Aimee and I to communicate with friends and family, with those of our students, and other folks in general who are interested in homesteading and farming activities.

The earliest posts, at the very end of the blog, tell the story of the Great Farm, our purchase of a fragment of that farm, the renovation of the homestead and its populating with people and animals. Go all the way to the last post in the archive and read backwards from there to get it in chronological order.

After getting tired of spam comments (up to a dozen or more per day), I required commentators to be Google "registered users". You can write me at mwomersley@unity.edu if you have a serious comment or question and are not a registered user.

Spammers -- don't bother writing -- there's no way I will post your spam to my blog. Just go away.