I'm not quite that happy, but I am pleased to have a bit of roof completed on this build. There's the small matter of just a teensy bit of shade for the workers (Plural? Hah! If I was, I'd start a union!), who can now work more comfortably in the hot sun forecast for tomorrow and Friday. I can now leave my tools out at night, and the woodwork in at least part of the extension will begin to dry out.
Unfortunately, I have another thirteen trusses to build before I can cover the rest of the building.
It took me a while to get the hang of Grace Ice and Water shield, a sticky bituminous roof "membrane" that does what roofing felt used to do, only better. (It sticks to nails, and doesn't require tacks or staples.) I'd never used it before. My first tries were abortive and I wasted twenty feet or so, at about a dollar a foot. I eventually got the hang of it.
The interior is now partitioned.
And some of the permanent receptacles are wired.
And I set up my tools to make life easier doing the remaining trusses.
As well as a twenty-foot long work bench, needed for the thirteen nineteen-foot trusses we must now build.
Our lambs seem none the worse for relative neglect this summer. The pigs went to the butcher's on Sunday. They'd eaten their way through two whole 1,000 pound loads of grain. We usually allow them three, but these were larger when we got them, and still had their testicles, and so were ready faster and with less feed than usual. I was glad to get them gone because that makes one less chore to do each day. Time is of the essence here. I'll be back to work before I know it, and I don't want to leave myself a lot of heavy work to do to finish the extension on the weekends during the fall semester.
A longer view of the whole build. Nearly done with the heavy work.