Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day trip






Aimee said we could all go to the Owl's Head Transportation Museum for Father's Day -- my first one. We took the stroller so we could wander around without having to carry Roo, but in the end she preferred to be carried.

We stopped on the way to get Aimee a new kitchen hutch from the Maine State Prison showroom. This is the place where you can buy nice furniture made by the inmates. We have a lot of their stuff around the house.

We saw old cars, old airplanes, and lots of engines, which I liked a lot. We had french fries and milk, and then drove home slowly through the Maine countryside, looking for good yard sales.

When we got home, I finished connecting the Land Rover's engine and took it for a test drive. No leaks, which made me very happy, so I poured a glass of wine and we took it easy for the rest of the evening. Today it's raining, so we'll clean up the wreckage left in the workshop from the rebuild effort. Apparently I'm going to get Greek eggplant bake for my Father's Day dinner.

All in all, a Very Good Father's Day weekend. But I hear from the baby monitor that it's time to go be an actual dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our Farm Blog.
The purpose of this blog is for Aimee and I to communicate with friends and family, with those of our students, and other folks in general who are interested in homesteading and farming activities.

The earliest posts, at the very end of the blog, tell the story of the Great Farm, our purchase of a fragment of that farm, the renovation of the homestead and its populating with people and animals. Go all the way to the last post in the archive and read backwards from there to get it in chronological order.

After getting tired of spam comments (up to a dozen or more per day), I required commentators to be Google "registered users". You can write me at mwomersley@unity.edu if you have a serious comment or question and are not a registered user.

Spammers -- don't bother writing -- there's no way I will post your spam to my blog. Just go away.