Saturday, August 2, 2008

Biogas experiment, stage II

Here's Abraram on the loose, not a problem, since I wanted to move the sheep, he was intentionally free. But moving at a fast clip. Action shot.

Then the motor and digester for the biogas genny. The shredder blade fell off the motor after a bit of cutting with the stick welder. It wasn't cut through, just red hot enough to loosen the heated fit.

I made a lid for the digester out of Lexan sheet. Since this is a science project, students need to see the poo fermenting inside. The connector is a threaded brass pipe fitting which cut it's own tread in the Lexan, secured by a nut on the other side.

Then I got some small helpers. For some reason, the chickens like the inside of my workshop. It makes for a little chicken crap in the place, but I like the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our Farm Blog.
The purpose of this blog is for Aimee and I to communicate with friends and family, with those of our students, and other folks in general who are interested in homesteading and farming activities.

The earliest posts, at the very end of the blog, tell the story of the Great Farm, our purchase of a fragment of that farm, the renovation of the homestead and its populating with people and animals. Go all the way to the last post in the archive and read backwards from there to get it in chronological order.

After getting tired of spam comments (up to a dozen or more per day), I required commentators to be Google "registered users". You can write me at if you have a serious comment or question and are not a registered user.

Spammers -- don't bother writing -- there's no way I will post your spam to my blog. Just go away.