Saturday, January 8, 2011

Angry (at the) birds




Here's our chickens hanging out in my workshop, the silly clucks.

I hate when they do this because they poop all over the floor and leave feathers everywhere and get into stuff they shouldn't get into, but to get them to stop I would have to close the door, which restricts the light, as well as the space I have in there to move around and get things done.

Sometimes I shoo them all out, or have Haggis shoo them all out, only to have them come back in when I'm not looking.

Why do they prefer the shop? When they have a huge barn all of their own, except for the sheep pen? And the entire dooryard, indeed the whole durn farm and all the surrounding woods and dells?

Well, it is a degree or two warmer in there with the wood furnace running full blast right now. And there's less draft.

And, I suppose, there's interesting stuff they shouldn't get into, to get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our Farm Blog.
The purpose of this blog is for Aimee and I to communicate with friends and family, with those of our students, and other folks in general who are interested in homesteading and farming activities.

The earliest posts, at the very end of the blog, tell the story of the Great Farm, our purchase of a fragment of that farm, the renovation of the homestead and its populating with people and animals. Go all the way to the last post in the archive and read backwards from there to get it in chronological order.

After getting tired of spam comments (up to a dozen or more per day), I required commentators to be Google "registered users". You can write me at mwomersley@unity.edu if you have a serious comment or question and are not a registered user.

Spammers -- don't bother writing -- there's no way I will post your spam to my blog. Just go away.