Friday, July 1, 2011

New camera for the 4th!






Aimee and I took a rare together-shopping trip to Bangor today. This happens rarely because Aimee hates the way I shop -- I either dawdle too much or I make my mind up too fast. But we had to go to a funeral together first, and so we thus had to shop together.

Yes, that's right. Someone had to die before my wife would take me shopping.

Which meant I got a new camera. I'd been bidding on cameras like the one Aimee has on eBay, but had lost all my auctions. Then Aimee came up with a discount coupon for Best Buy, and so we decided to get me a new camera while we were in town.

After all these years of breaking second-hand digital cameras, I couldn't make myself get even a moderately-priced one. We got the cheapest regular-sized digital camera in the store, but it takes video and has a decent size memory.

Couldn't find any steel-toed work boots, though. My old ones have blown out, but there were none in my size that I liked.

Here are pictures of her Royal Aimee-ness with her subject chickens, ruling the roost, the herb and rose garden out front which is just lush and fragrant and colorful right now, and the sheep going gangbusters on their holiday gift -- a protein block with molasses, which will give them the selenium missing from Maine soil and plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our Farm Blog.
The purpose of this blog is for Aimee and I to communicate with friends and family, with those of our students, and other folks in general who are interested in homesteading and farming activities.

The earliest posts, at the very end of the blog, tell the story of the Great Farm, our purchase of a fragment of that farm, the renovation of the homestead and its populating with people and animals. Go all the way to the last post in the archive and read backwards from there to get it in chronological order.

After getting tired of spam comments (up to a dozen or more per day), I required commentators to be Google "registered users". You can write me at mwomersley@unity.edu if you have a serious comment or question and are not a registered user.

Spammers -- don't bother writing -- there's no way I will post your spam to my blog. Just go away.