Saturday, January 2, 2010

8 to 16 inches

That's the forecast for central Maine. Not such a big storm, then. But we'll see, no doubt. We're high here, 530 feet above sea level, while most of our region is lower than 200 feet.

Still, even eight inches is enough to keep us at home, coming on top of the five inches we got yesterday.

Aimee was planning to shop for a new bed, which she has wanted for a long, long while, but she'll have to wait until the roads are clear. I'm supposed to take delivery of two cords of dry firewood, but we'll see if the guy makes it over.

Craft and other indoor projects are in order. I've been working on my den -- some new shelves, a tidy-up, some new pictures on the wall, and reorganizing my books. Aimee has begun to knit a sweater. I've almost finished one -- on the machine, though, where it goes ten times faster.

I have some college work to do, and there's the small matter of a brochure for farmers thinking of a wind turbine, telling them how to study their land for wind power, but I still have that "dammit, I-need-a-vacation" feeling.

We worked hard this last fall, and a bit of R and R is definitely in order, even if it has to be declared and enforced by a nor'easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our Farm Blog.
The purpose of this blog is for Aimee and I to communicate with friends and family, with those of our students, and other folks in general who are interested in homesteading and farming activities.

The earliest posts, at the very end of the blog, tell the story of the Great Farm, our purchase of a fragment of that farm, the renovation of the homestead and its populating with people and animals. Go all the way to the last post in the archive and read backwards from there to get it in chronological order.

After getting tired of spam comments (up to a dozen or more per day), I required commentators to be Google "registered users". You can write me at mwomersley@unity.edu if you have a serious comment or question and are not a registered user.

Spammers -- don't bother writing -- there's no way I will post your spam to my blog. Just go away.